To learn more about our Preparatory Choir and Concert Choir options and fees, click here.
Participants are selected by audition based on ability to match pitch and overall musical potential.
To schedule an audition, please use our online audition application form, or call (609) 651-5474.
Auditioning students should be prepared to:
- Echo sing tonal patterns.
- Sing scales on a neutral syllable (loo, la, etc.).
- Listen to two notes played simultaneously on the piano. Sing top or bottom note.
- Sing “Row, Row, Row Your Boat” alone and in canon.
- Sing “My Country ‘Tis of Thee”, “America the Beautiful” or “Jingle Bells”.
- Sight read a simple melody (not an essential skill but helps in placement).
- Child has a love of music and singing
- Sings clearly, on pitch, with a tone that blends with others
- Good tonal memory skills
- Good sense of rhythm
- Cooperative attitude
- Commitment to a one-year membership
Please arrive 15 minutes before the audition time to complete paperwork. You are expected to warm-up vocally ahead of time. Each child must be accompanied by at least one parent at the audition.
A letter of recommendation from your music teacher is optional.
The Pennington School
Campus Center – CC223 – Second Floor
112 West Delaware Avenue
Pennington, NJ 08534
Parking is located off of the Burd Street entrance. The Campus Center is directly ahead. Enter building at parking lot level.